Counselor's Corner

Michigan's Online Course Catalog



Scholarships are updated as they are received.  


Imagine America Foundation

Osceola County Community Foundation (Fremont Area)

Scholarships - Fast Web

Scholarships -

Scholarships - ScholarshipBuddy Michigan

SallieMae Scholarships




All National, Michigan, Local and College Scholarships will now be posted to the EHS Scholarship Hub. This will be updated periodically.  More details are available for students on Xello. 


**Two of the opportunity scholarships are no longer available after the end of October (Strengthening Your College List and Practice for the SAT).



Evart High School currently offers dual/concurrent enrollment opportunities through Ferris State University and Mid Michigan College. This is an opportunity for current high school students to get started on their college coursework before graduating high school.

Helpful Links:       

Dual Enrollment Qualifying Scores 201920

EHS MTA Requirements

Michigan Transfer Agreement Signatory Institutions

EHS Dual Enrollment Information Packet 

Ferris State University 

Search for Courses Offered

Mid Michigan College

Search for Courses Offered 




                                      *COLLEGE DATES/DEADLINES*


First Day of Class Fall/Winter Fall/Jan 11
Drop/Add Final Date Fall/Winter Fall/Jan 14 @ 5PM
Midterm Fall/Winter Fall/March 8
Withdraw Date (Family responsible for full cost of class) Fall/Winter Fall/March 25
Classes End Fall/Winter Fall/April 30



First Day of Class Fall/Winter Aug 28/Jan 11
Drop/Add Final Date Fall/Winter Sept 29/Jan 15
Midterm Fall/Winter Fall/Winter
Withdraw Date (Family responsible for full cost of class) Fall/Winter Fall/Winter
Classes End Fall/Winter Dec 15/May 7

*Check dates with each college*




Credit FAQs

Does my MOCC program cover Algebra 2?


List of things Seniors will need or want to have:

  • List of extracurricular activities
  • Completed FAFSA
  • High School transcript
  • Test Scores
  • GPA
  • Entrance essays (colleges or scholarships may need these)
  • Letters of recommendation
  • Resume
  • Determine TIP eligibility 

What is required to graduate?

26 Credits - Michigan Requirements
CPR Training
Job Shadow OR College Visit


Community Mental Health for Central Michigan (CMH) – (231) 796-5825

Crisis Hotline: (800) 317-0708


Mecosta County Location:

Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM

500 South Third Avenue

Big Rapids, MI 49307


Youth Attention Center (YAC) - (231) 592-0129

Youth Attention Center offers different programs to help fit the needs of runaway and homeless youth, and those deemed to be at-risk. Qualified and compassionate case workers meet with youth to identify challenges in their lives, and assist in building basic life management skills to deal with those issues.  Youth may receive guidance in attaining communication skills and building peer and family relationships. There is also assistance with academic/truancy problems and mentoring to foster skills in anger management and coping with difficult life situations.

Office Location:

Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM

126 Maple Street, Suite F

Big Rapids, MI 49307

**Phones are forwarded to on-call/crisis line after 5:00pm**



Call: 8-555-OK2SAY (855-565-2729)

Text: 652729 (OK2SAY)


OK2SAY is the student safety program which allows students to confidentially report tips on potential harm or criminal activities directed at school students, school employees, and schools. It uses a comprehensive communication system to facilitate tip sharing among students, parents, school personnel, community mental health service programs, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, and law enforcement officials about harmful behaviors that threaten to disrupt the learning environment.


CALL 2-1-1

Dialing 2-1-1 is a simple way for people to connect with important health, human, and community services in their community. 2-1-1 is free, confidential and our Call Specialists are available 24 hours a day...7 days a week.

Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at to apply for federal, state, and college-based financial aid. Dependent students must include both student and parent data on the FAFSA. Determine your dependency status by answering the questions on the back.

Required  Information Where to Find It
Student & Parent 2022 Federal Income Tax Forms and all schedules Personal records or
Student FSA ID Username and Password Create student (and parent) FSA IDs at
Student & Parent email addresses  
Student & Parent Social Security numbers Personal records or call Social Security Administration 800-772-1213
Student & Parent date of births  
Student & Parent savings/checking account balances  
Student & Parent investments (i.e. stocks, bonds, mutual funds, 529 plans, rentals) excluding home and retirement  
Current net worth of all businesses/farms  
Child support received from the LAST complete calendar year  
Student Alien Registration Number/USCIS Number for eligible non-citizens Contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at


Dependency Status Questions:

Answer the following questions to determine if parental data is needed on your FAFSA. If you answer “no” to every question, you are dependent and must provide parental information on the FAFSA. If you answer “yes” to any question, you are independent and should not include parental information on the FAFSA.

Were you born before January 1, 2001?

Are you married?

Will you be working on a master’s or doctorate program at the beginning of the 2024-25 school year?

Are you a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces or currently serving on active duty?

Do you have children who live with you and will receive more than half of their support from you from July 1, 2024 to June 30, 2025?

Do you have dependents (other than your children or spouse) who live with you and receive more than half of their support from you, now and through June 30, 2025?

At any time since you turned age 13, were both your parents deceased, were you in foster care, or were you a dependent or ward of the court?

As determined by a court in your state of legal residence, are you or were you an emancipated minor?

Does someone other than your parent or stepparent have legal guardianship of you, as determined by a court in your state of legal residence?

At any time on or after July 1, 2023, did your high school or school district homeless liaison determine that you were an unaccompanied youth who was homeless?

At any time on or after July 1, 2023, did the director of an emergency shelter or transitional housing program funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development determine that you were an unaccompanied youth who was homeless?

At any time on or after July 1, 2023, did the director of a runaway or homeless youth basic center or transitional living program determine that you were an unaccompanied youth who was homeless or were self-supporting and at risk of being homeless?

The McKinney-Vento Act’s Education for Homeless Children and Youth (EHCY) program is to ensure that all homeless children and youth have equal access to the same free, appropriate public education available to other children; and to help them graduate ready for careers, college, and community.


The McKinney-Vento Act’s Education for Homeless Children and Youth (EHCY) program and Title I Part A provide students experiencing homelessness with protections and services to ensure they can enroll in and attend school, complete their high school education, and continue on to higher education – their best hope of avoiding poverty and homelessness as adults. The “Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015,” (ESSA), strengthens and improves these programs and the education of over 1.3 million children and youth experiencing homelessness, from early childhood through high school graduation.


The law defines a homeless student or youth as any of the following:

A child or youth without a fixed, regular, and adequate residence

Living with a friend, relative or someone else because they lost their home or can't afford a home

Staying in a hotel or motel

Living in an emergency or transitional shelter or a domestic violence shelter

Staying in substandard housing

Living in a car, park, public place, abandoned building or bus or train station

Living in a campground or an inadequate trailer home

Abandoned in a hospital; or living in a runaway or homeless youth shelter

Know Your Rights
McKinney-Vento FAQs
National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth
National Center for Homeless Education
National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty
School House Connections


Visit the Department of Education for more information regarding the McKinney-Vento program. You can also contact the social worker at 231-734-5551.